Location & Gold Coast Attractions
Bel Air on Broadbeach is ideally located in the heart of the Gold Coast, putting a great range of attractions within an easy stroll from the property.
- 95km from Brisbane International Airport
- 200 metres to Kurrawa Beach and Kurrawa Surf Life Saving
- 50m to shops and restaurants in Broadbeach
- 20km from Coolangatta Airport
- 400 metres to Broadbeach Mall
- 10m from public transport
Some great attractions close by
- The golden sands of several patrolled beaches
- World class shopping at boutiques throughout the Broadbeach precinct and at Pacific Fair
- The fun and entertainment of Jupiters Casino; take the monorail across the highway
- Draculas Cabaret Restaurant
- A multitude of International standard restaurants, brasseries, bistros and cafes
- Plenty of bars, nightclubs and entertainment venues
- Children’s parks, skateboard park, scooter & bicycle tracks and a vintage carousel
- Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre and the Arts Centre
- Movie theatres, arcades and attractions
Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is located just on the other side of the Gold Coast Highway and is easily accessible from your Bel Air luxury apartment. This is considered to be some of the best shop..
Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is located just on the other side of the Gold Coast Highway and is easily accessible from your Bel Air luxury apartment. This is considered to be some of the best shopping on the Gold Coast and is one of the largest shopping precincts in Queensland. It is set to become even larger with the new developments, which began in January 2014 and which are set to be completed by 2016.
The $670 million upgrade will add 50,000 square metres to the shopping precinct, giving it a total of 150,000 square metres of shopping heaven. It will have a plethora of large department stores, a new fresh food marketplace, a large dining and bar area and a world class indoor and outdoor leisure and entertainment precinct with pools and lots of entertainment and things to do.
Currently, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is one of the most popular shopping precincts on the Gold Coast, due to its large range of designer boutiques, department stores, cinema complex and its emphasis on outdoor markets and al fresco dining. Shopping here is a pleasure and it is always wonderful to set aside a day to shop at Pacific Fair. Even with all the new developments to the centre, there is no hindrance to having a great day of shopping bliss at Pacific Fair.
Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is also next door to Jupiters Casino, so you can pop next door for a flutter if you become bored shopping, but that will never happen at Pacific Fair. Locals and tourists all flock to this shopping precinct because of its laid back atmosphere and its emphasis on outdoor dining and on its belief in simply enjoying the day.
You can find a seat outside, grab a cool drink and a light lunch and just watch the world go by. Then once your strength has been restored, you can keep on shopping until the centre closes at 5.30pm. Some of the larger department stores remain open until 10pm, but the majority close at 5.30pm.
This is not a problem, because you need to have time to select a fabulous restaurant for your evening meal and take a walk along our beautiful beaches as the sun slowly sets on another awesome day on Broadbeach.
So when you book your holiday accommodation at Bel Air on Broadbeach, you not only have the best shopping on the Gold Coast just across the road, but you know that you have made the right choice for a fabulous family holiday.
Broadbeach nightlife offers something for everyone, from the most risqué clubs to the more relaxing piano lounges, retro pubs, crazy bars and absolutely, the best cocktail bars in Broadbeac..
Broadbeach nightlife offers something for everyone, from the most risqué clubs to the more relaxing piano lounges, retro pubs, crazy bars and absolutely, the best cocktail bars in Broadbeach.
It is fair to say that if you are into the nightlife and love mingling or dancing the night away, we have everything you could possibly want and much more, here at Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. So to help you launch your holiday, here is a list of the best bars, lounges, pubs and nightclubs in Broadbeach and all just a few minutes from your luxury accommodation at Bel Air.
Broadbeach nightlife - nightclubs
- Howl at the Moon: Enter a world of fun, fantasy and excitement with live musicians and awesome piano players who knock it out of the park on their baby grands. Dance the night away to hi energy renditions of your favourite music and have the most memorable night of your life.
- Love Nightlife: Dance to all the top hits and RnB music to your hearts delight. This vintage glamour crossed with a retro feel club brings everyone in for a night of great music and awesome fun.
- East: With a high class oriental feel enjoy the live performances, high energy DJs and great entertainment that can only be had at Easts. With three luxury bars, this multi-level themed club offers dining and drinking till the sun comes up.
- Platinum: Hosting some of the world’s best entertainers, the Platinum nightclub is wild and wicked. This is serious party territory on Broadbeach and is always packed with party animals who have the time of their lives every weekend.
Broadbeach nightlife – bars, lounges and pubs
- Alto Cucina & Bar: Enjoy drinks at the bar, chill out in their lounge or treat yourself to a delicious Mediterranean meal right by the ocean. This is the place for great wine, sharing a plate and just chilling out with friends, listening to some of the best the DJs on Broadbeach.
- 1 Two 3 Lounge Bar: With entertainment 5 nights a week, this is a great spot to try some of fabulous local and international wines and beers, as well as their mouth-watering Mediterranean menu. Check out their fabulous cocktails and spend an evening relaxing in their stylish surroundings and decadent bar.
- Broadbeach Tavern: An old favourite, the Broadbeach Tavern offers two fabulous bars, great live entertainment and awesome pub-style food. A favourite with the locals and tourists alike.
- Atrium Bar and J Bar: Both bars are located at Jupiters Casino and both are jam packed on weekends. So if you want a quiet drink with friends, its best you check out the other bars in Broadbeach, because these bars are pumping and rocking long into the night.
- The PA pub: Another bar at Jupiters but designed around an English theme. This old world pub has a great atmosphere, serves fabulous pub-style food, is a beer lovers paradise and even has stand-up comedy and live music. This is one you don’t want to miss!
- Aura Tapas & Lounge bar: If you want some peace and quiet, great food and wonderful cocktails in a sophisticated atmosphere, then all your dreams will come true at Auras.
So if you are looking for some of the best pubs, nightclubs and cocktail bars in Broadbeach, you will not be disappointed, we have all of these and lots more ready and waiting for you on your next holiday.
Grab your surfboard and your towel and get ready for the time of your life. It is fair to say that we have some of the best beaches in Australia and they are all on the doorstep of your luxury Bel..
Grab your surfboard and your towel and get ready for the time of your life.
It is fair to say that we have some of the best beaches in Australia and they are all on the doorstep of your luxury Bel Air apartments. It doesn’t matter whether it is summer, autumn, winter or springtime, because on the Gold Coast it is always the best season for the beach.
We have so many great beaches to choose from on the Gold Coast that we are really spoilt for choice:
- Broadbeach: Located towards the north end of the Gold Coast, Broadbeach is a community all of its own with a fabulous beach and awesome surf. The beach is heavily patrolled by life guards and is safe for all the family. The Broadbeach Surf School is right there, so if you feel the need to take some lessons you are absolutely in the right spot. The beach here is has a cosmopolitan air and is slightly less crowded than at Surfers Paradise and the beach goers less intense.
- Burleigh Heads: A great surfing beach and a fabulous spot for family BBQs in the park which is just behind this family friendly beach. Burleigh beach is protected to the south by the Heads and so is a very safe spot for swimmers and body boarders.
- Coolangatta Beach: Actually two beaches – Greenmount Beach and Rainbow Beach, both are north facing and highly protected and sheltered making them great for swimming and young families. This is a very popular spot with grassed areas and a park nearby. Not generally good for surfing, due to their northern position.
- Currumbin Beach: A combination of shark nets and lovely swimming areas, nearby parks and BBQ facilities makes Currumbin Bach a popular spot with locals. Surfers love this beach as they are always sure to catch a wave or two at any time of the year.
- Duranbah Beach: Just south of Coolangatta (really in NSW), Flagstaff beach as it is otherwise known is one of the world’s best surf beaches. Not suitable for families wanting to swim due to the large surf and swells.
- Kirra Beach: Just north of Coolangatta, this beach is also very popular with surfers and is considered to have one of the best surf breaks in the world.
- Main Beach: You will still find some surfers here, but Main Beach is more of a meeting area or a chill out zone for the tourists from the nearby hotels. A great spot because it’s not so crowded as other beaches and has coffee shops and restaurants not far away.
- Nobby Beach: A quieter beach and a popular spot for local fisherman, this beach offers grassed areas, lovely walks, some surfing and great parking.
- Palm Beach: Popular with locals who walk their dogs here, Palm Beach is a quiet spot suitable for swimming and chilling out with friends. It is away from the hustle and bustle and high rises and locals love it.
- Surfers Paradise Beach: What can we say? Surfers is the icon of the Gold Coast, being close to all amenities and high rise apartments, this beach is usually crowded and very busy. Fully patrolled and safe for families if you swim between the flags.
Bel Air on Broadbeach is just opposite the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre on the Gold Coast Highway, with Jupiters Casino one block further north and then the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Ce..
Bel Air on Broadbeach is just opposite the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre on the Gold Coast Highway, with Jupiters Casino one block further north and then the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre one block further north again. You can walk the distance easily in about 12 minutes or catch the new light rail system and hop off right at the convention centre.
Built in 2004, the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre is the largest regional convention centre in Queensland and comfortably holds 6000 people. The centre was purpose built to offer maximum flexibility in floor configurations for international, national and regional conferences, exhibitions, banquets, sporting and special events. Their various configurations offer up to 4 halls and 18 meeting rooms of varying sizes.
If you are attending an event at the convention centre you will be happy to know that they have WIFI, allowing delegates and visitors to log on to the internet anywhere within the centre. If you are organizing your next event, then you will be pleased to know that they also have Cisco’s Next generation 802.n wireless LAN Technology and can connect up to 2000 users at any one time within the building.
What’s on events
There is always some fabulous event being held at the convention centre, so it always pays to check well in advance of your holiday, so you can book your tickets online and make your stay here is extra special. The centre holds lots of conferences, concerts, trade shows, exhibitions, sporting events and other events all year long, so there is sure to be some event that sparks your interest.
In January, there is usually the Gold Coast Health Harmony and Soul Festival, a 3 day extravaganza of psychic readers, workshops, yoga and meditation classes and just about every health topic you can think of will be covered here.
Also in January is the Gold Coast Food & Wine Festival, a gastronomic celebration of food and wine with celebrity chefs and cooking demonstrations. In July they always have the National Finals Rodeo, which is a 5 day event bringing in the best of the years cowboys to fight it out for the Rodeo titles. Rodeo lovers from all over Australia are drawn to the Gold Coast every year and have a swag of fun before returning to the real world.
So make sure to check the calendar of events for the convention centre on their website or join their mailing list to keep abreast of events. You can then book your holiday apartments well in advance making sure you don’t miss out on your luxury Broadbeach accommodation.
The new Gold Coast Light Rail link is open and it connects the southern part of Broadbeach with Parklands, which is the location of the new Gold Coast University Hospital and Griffith University. ..
The new Gold Coast Light Rail link is open and it connects the southern part of Broadbeach with Parklands, which is the location of the new Gold Coast University Hospital and Griffith University. Even better, it rolls along the Gold Coast Highway just a short distance from your Bel Air luxury accommodation. In fact, the tram terminates at Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, which is just a hop away from us – how cool is that?
So you can easily hop on and off the tram lines at any of the stops in Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach, Southport and Parklands. Along the way you can also connect with numerous buses or taxis, so you can leave the car in our secure parking area and take off and explore the Gold Coast without worrying about finding a parking spot.
Ticket and pricing
To use the trams, the best way is to buy a GO CARD, which is available from most newsagents and 7-Eleven shops and it makes it much easier to hop on and off public transport, compared to paper tickets (which you can still buy). The problem is each trip with a paper ticket costs more than with a GO CARD, usually at least a dollar more, so the card is more cost effective.
Once you have your card, you then top up your card with as much money as you need and you can do this at newsagents or at tram, train or bus stations.
Weekdays, the trams run every 15 minutes from 5am to 7am, every 7.5 minutes from 7am to 7pm and every 15 minutes from 7pm to midnight. During the week there is no midnight to 5am tram service.
On weekends, the tram runs every 30 minutes from midnight to 5am, every 15 minutes from 5am to 7am, every 10 minutes from 7am to 7pm and every 15 minutes from 7pm to midnight.
If this is your first time to the Gold Coast, it is worth taking the round trip on the tram because you will see a huge cross section of what the coast has to offer. Start at Broadbeach South, then travel through Broadbeach North, up to Florida Gardens and then Northcliffe.
Next stop is Surfers Paradise, then Cavill Avenue, Cypress Avenue, Surfers Paradise North and Main Beach. The keep going up to Broadwater Parklands, Southport South, Southport, Nerang Street, Queen Street, Griffith University and finally the Gold Coast University Hospital.
If you stay on the tram all the way from Broadbeach South to the Gold Coast University Hospital terminal it will take you around 37 minutes. So there is plenty of time to stop for a coffee, lunch or a few hours shopping on the way.
Don’t forget you can take bicycles and surf boards on the trams!
When staying at Bel Air you are right on the public transport routes and can easily access:
- All the Theme Parks – Sea World, Dreamworld, Wet’n’Wild and Movie World
- Surfers Paradise beaches, attractions and shops
- Currumbin Wildlife Park
- The Gold Coast Hinterland and day tours
Or if you just want to unwind, spend the day enjoying our many facilities including outdoor Roman -style pool, heated spa, indoor heated pool, sauna and gymnasium. You can do as much or as little as you like when staying at Bel Air on Broadbeach!
Bel Air is the ideal choice for couples, families , corporates on business or conferencing groups.