Top 10 things to do with Kids Broadbeach
A holiday on the Gold Coast is fun for all the family. Here we give our top 10 suggestions for things to do in Broadbeach with kids!
1) Hit the beach: Just a short walk from Bel Air on Broadbeach are the golden shores of Broadbeach, and the long expanse of beaches that makes up the beaches that the Gold Coast is famous for. Slip on a shirt. Slap on a hat. Slop on some sunscreen - and head out for a day of swimming and fun at the beach! Cost: FREE
2) Kurrawa Park: On the foreshore of Broadbeach you'll find a great all abilities children's playground. The kids will have hours of fun scurrying up the slopes and sliding down the two slides that are built into the side of the hill. Plus, theres, swings, climbing nets, and a variety of other playground equipment to play on. A giant sandcastle and submarine will also provides plenty of opportunity for discovery and imaginative play! Cost: FREE
3) Rotary Carousel: Located in the Broadbeach mall you will find a charming vintage carousel that is run by volunteers of the Rotary Club. Cost: $2 per ride!
4) Gold Coast Light Rail: 'Ride the G' from the station directly in front of Bel Air Broadbeach, to one of the 16 stations along the route! For a lot of kids a ride of the Gold Coast light rail will be more about the journey, than the destination!
5) Broadbeach Monorail: All aboard! Take the loop that runs from Oasis Shopping Centre to Jupiters Casino and back, on board the Broadbeach Monorail. Take the trip by day or night! Cost: $4 per ride. Kids under 7 free!
6) Pacific Fair Shopping Centre: Shopping might not be every kids idea of fun, but here's a tip - take the kids to the big window on the second floor (just along from Zarraffas) the window looks out onto all the construction happening with the recent renovations. Kids, and big kids, will love watching the heavy machinery and workers in action! Cost: FREE
7) The Gelato Shop: Who doesn't love an ice-cream? The Gelato Shop in Broadbeach is a multi award winning store scooping up delicious gelato daily! Where: Shop 8, Aria Building - Corner Surf Parad and Albert Ave. Cost: Varies
8) Festivals and Events: Throughout the year, Broadbeach hosts a range of family friendly events Broadbeach Blues Festival, Opera in the Park, Gold Coast Renaissance Fair, and the newest addition ben & Jerry's OpenAir Cinema! Choose your favourite event and head to Broadbeach. Cost: Many events are FREE, check with individual events. Ben & Jerry's is paid entry.
9) Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant: Get your spook on at the weekly 'Drax 4 Kids' designed especially for the littlest of monsters! Each Saturday. Cost: From $32 per person
10) Enjoy Bel Air on Broadbeach facilities! Our onsite facilities include indoor and outdoor pool, kids wading pool, BBQ facilities and an onsite cafe. Let the kids swim while you enjoy a poolside coffee!
Enquire with our reception about tours and attractions and other things to do on the Gold Coast.
Posted (Fri September 2015)