The Best Beaches on the Gold Coast
Grab your surfboard and your towel and get ready for the time of your life.
It is fair to say that we have some of the best beaches in Australia and they are all on the doorstep of your luxury Bel Air apartments.
It doesn’t matter whether it is summer, autumn, winter or springtime, because on the Gold Coast it is always the best season for the beach.
We have so many great beaches to choose from on the Gold Coast that we are really spoilt for choice:
- Broadbeach: Located towards the north end of the Gold Coast, Broadbeach is a community all of its own with a fabulous beach and awesome
surf. The beach is heavily patrolled by life guards and is safe for all the family. The Broadbeach Surf School is right there, so if you feel the
need to take some lessons you are absolutely in the right spot. The beach here has a cosmopolitan air and is slightly less crowded than at Surfers
Paradise and the beach goers less intense.
- Burleigh Heads: A great surfing beach and a fabulous spot for family BBQs in the park which is just behind this family friendly beach.
Burleigh beach is protected to the south by the Heads and so is a very safe spot for swimmers and body boarders.
- Coolangatta Beach: Actually two beaches – Greenmount Beach and Rainbow Beach, both are north facing and highly protected and sheltered
making them great for swimming and young families. This is a very popular spot with grassed areas and a park nearby. Not generally good for surfing,
due to their northern position.
- Currumbin Beach: A combination of shark nets and lovely swimming areas, nearby parks and BBQ facilities makes Currumbin Bach a popular
spot with locals. Surfers love this beach as they are always sure to catch a wave or two at any time of the year.
- Duranbah Beach: Just south of Coolangatta (really in NSW), Flagstaff beach as it is otherwise known is one of the world’s best surf
beaches. Not suitable for families wanting to swim due to the large surf and swells.
- Kirra Beach: Just north of Coolangatta, this beach is also very popular with surfers and is considered to have one of the best surf
breaks in the world.
- Main Beach: You will still find some surfers here, but Main Beach is more of a meeting area or a chill out zone for the tourists from
the nearby hotels. A great spot because it’s not so crowded as other beaches and has coffee shops and restaurants not far away.
- Nobby Beach: A quieter beach and a popular spot for local fisherman, this beach offers grassed areas, lovely walks, some surfing and
- Palm Beach: Popular with locals who walk their dogs here, Palm Beach is a quiet spot suitable for swimming and chilling out with friends.
It is away from the hustle and bustle and high rises and locals love it.
- Surfers Paradise Beach: What can we say? Surfers is the icon of the Gold Coast, being close to all amenities and high rise apartments,
this beach is usually crowded and very busy. Fully patrolled and safe for families if you swim between the flags.
Book onlineView more local attractions